An exploration of the history and structure of public education in Arizona.
A look at the negative impact of market based education reforms.
White Hat Research & Policy Group informs citizens and decision-makers on issues of critical importance to Arizona. Our goal is to constructively contribute to the discussion and shape policy-making at the state and local level.
We are currently seeking a researcher to prepare an in-depth white paper on the topic of the school district system in Arizona. This white paper should discuss the history and development of Arizona’s 600+ public school districts including the influence of issues such as urban, suburban, and rural development and socioeconomic and racial divisions. It should also examine the current structure of school districts and their relationship with the state and federal governments.
The final product will be a 20-30 page white paper which synthesizes the secondary research on the specified topic. The paper will be made publicly available on the WHRPG website and distributed to relevant stakeholders. The principal researcher will be credited as author but the final product will be subject to editing and approval by the WHRPG staff.
Each white paper should include the following:
1. 1-2 page Executive Summary
3. History of the Issue in Arizona
4. Current Landscape in Arizona
5. Review of current and proposed policies, legislation and regulations
6. Discussion of Intersection with Other WHRPG Targeted Issues
7. Citation and References (Chicago Manual of Style)
Applicants to write for WHRPG should have a graduate degree or be currently enrolled in a graduate program directly related to the subject matter of the white paper.
Interested applicants are required to submit the following:
1. Letter of intent explaining the area and subtopic the applicant is interested in writing in
2. Current C.V.
3. Sample of previous work
4. 200-250 word abstract for proposed white paper
5. Letter of recommendation (optional)